Need advice on dealing with debt, saving your spare cash or spending safely online?
The National Autistic Society, together with MoneySuperMarket.com, has developed an interactive module that offers support to anybody who would like to look after their own money. Whether you live with autism or not.
The module is free to access.
To access the module, you will need to sign up as an Autism Online Training user.
Click here: www.autism.org.uk/professionals/training-consultancy/online/managing-money.aspx
Managing your money could help you.
The module has a range of interactive features, including:
- short film clips
- a password-creating exercise
- animation about safety when using a cash machine (ATM)
- a virtual, interactive ATM to practice some basic skills for using an ATM
- information on debt management and recovery
- information on reasonable expenditure
- information on budgeting
- printable information sheets and worksheets to help manage budgets
- further links and references
Examples throughout the module show how important looking after money is. For example, you might be spending more on a social life than you can really afford or you might be looking to spend less if you are planning to start a family.
The course consists of activities, videos and links to further information to show how you can help yourself in looking after your money.
- Scroll down the page and click on ‘Access The Module Now’.
- Clicking on the tab. Either the ‘Free Money Management Module’ tab at the top of the page or the ‘Money Management’ tab in the Enhanced Modules section of the page will lead you to the module.
Creating an account.
Click on ‘Support and Login Options’ and then click on ‘New Account’.
Creating a username and password will allow you to use Autism Online Training. You will be asked for your e-mail address, your name and you will be asked for your postal address.
You can choose ‘Other’ as an organisation type and describe your reason for signing up as ‘Personal use’.
Verifying a link sent by e-mail after submitting your personal details will open your Autism Online Training profile.
- THE NATIONAL AUTISTIC SOCIETY, 2016. Managing money [online] [viewed 15 July 2016]. Available from: http://www.autism.org.uk/onlinemanagingmoney?utm_source=Enewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=June_NonMembers_Enews&utm_content=Money+managing+image&dm_i=YA3%2C49SOW%2CE5BKD0%2CFM0HC%2C1
- THE NATIONAL AUTISTIC SOCIETY, 2016. Autism Online Training [online] [viewed 15 July 2016]. Available from: http://www.autismonlinetraining.com/
- THE NATIONAL AUTISTIC SOCIETY, 2016. Login [online] [viewed 15 July 2016]. Available from: http://www.autismonlinetraining.com/login/index.php