Youth Action Team Opportunity
Have you thought about volunteering for a £1.6 million project?
Kick start your 2017 by joining the Talent Match Youth Action Team! Check out the volunteer role description below to see how the YAT can work for you.
Role: Youth Action Team (YAT) Member
Voluntary Role Description
- Are you 18 – 30?
- Do you want to make a difference by being essential to how a Lottery funded charity is run?
- Are you passionate about seeing young people gain employment and making sure the voices of our young people are heard?
If you answered yes to these questions, we would love to hear from you!
Be part of making decisions for the benefit of current / future Talent Match beneficiaries by representing the views of young people on the programme.
Key tasks & responsibilities:
- Attend quarterly YAT meetings and contribute to discussions.
- Take part in activities to discover the views of TM beneficiaries.
- Help to take YAT meeting actions forward
- Help to show Talent Match is making a difference.
Benefits to you:
- Have an important say in how Talent Match is run.
- Receive travel expenses.
- Great experience for your CV.
- Gain project management skills.
- Gain skills in being part of meetings.
- Increase your confidence in expressing your opinion.
- Meet new people and make friends.
- We provide food before or after YAT meetings.
- Receive great training and support.
“Being part of the Youth Action Team has given me the opportunity to step completely out of my comfort zone, and for this I feel so good about myself!”- YAT member
What we are looking for:
- A desire to help people and be part of something bigger.
- Desire to see the Talent Match project succeed.
- Team working skills.
- Be able to travel to YAT meetings independently (across Staffordshire).
- Someone looking to express their creative ideas.
- Able to listen and communicate ideas/opinions.
- Come to YAT meetings prepared.
- Be supportive of other YAT members and TM beneficiaries in line with our values.
Days and times
In total approx. 2-4 hours per month including YAT meetings that occur quarterly throughout the year and other activities / meetings.
YAT meetings are generally 2-3 hours long.
Other activities throughout the year will include fun events as well as workshops, conferences, conventions, and sessions to gather the views from Talent Match service users.
Induction / Training
We will give you a full induction and training to help you fulfil this role.
You will be assigned a volunteer manager, who you can always go to for support. We will make sure to check in with you regularly to see how you are finding the role and to gather your views and opinions.
To apply for this role, contact Timon to receive your application form.
Timon Scheven at 01543 301140 / firstname.lastname@example.org