Youth Employment UK
The following passage is from the Youth Employment UK website:
“YEUK is a leading campaigning and membership organisation dedicated to tackling youth unemployment in the UK.
We believe that our approach to youth unemployment is unique and sustainable and one that will have the biggest impact on the growing crisis. Our campaign is supported by an advisory board of members who have extensive knowledge and experience within youth employment and ensure that we deliver on our mission detailed below.
- To support the growing numbers of young people (Age 16-24) not in employment, education or training (NEET)
- Bring together organisations working to support NEET young people, in order to share ideas, information and best practice; to encourage collaboration.
- Encourage organisations to become members of Youth Employment UK CIC and sign up to the Positive Youth Charter
- To support employers to reduce barriers which currently prevent young people from gaining employment
- To support schools to cultivate well equipped employees of the future
- To improve links between business and education
- To support young people with quality information and sign posting of the services and opportunities available to them
- To listen to young people’s voices
- To lobby as one central voice on matters regarding youth employment to government
We are meeting our mission by:
- Developing the “Youth Friendly” badge and framework
- Providing an online Youth Portal for young people to access with impartial careers information, signposting, case studies and forum
- Providing an online Members Portal for employers, training providers and educators filled with useful documentation, guides and a forum to share information and generate opportunities for collaboration
- Creating a free monthly e-magazine that is aimed at everyone involved in youth employment, packed with case studies, careers information, guides and opportunities
- Providing volunteering opportunities for young people who wish to gain work experience whilst fighting youth unemployment
- Coming Soon – Regional Youth Committees; local groups of young people, employers and providers working together to tackle the local barriers to employment and ensure every young person has access to the opportunities local to them
- Using the feedback from our members to present case studies back to government on the issues faced by young people and employers and lobby for necessary policy change
Youth Employment UK CIC is a not for profit organisation that relies on its members, sponsors and donors to ensure its sustainability, impartiality and independence.”
For more information go to their website at http://www.yeuk.org.uk/